Sunday, April 27, 2008

I will admit...

I'm a fan of New Age music including Yanni, Enya, and other artists similar to them... It really helps me to concentrate when I need to... and helps me design better I think... But, I need your help! Does anyone know of some Newer New Age artists that I could check out? I'm getting a LITTLE tired of the same songs...and after a while all their songs kind of sound the same.... Thanks!

4 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Have you ever listened to Secret Garden? (The group, not the movie sound track.) I love them a lot. I have a lot of their CDs if you want to listen and/or rip mp3s.

David Lanz is a decent new age piano player. So is John Schmidt (a Mormon).

I don't know if this would count, because she's not new age, but I lump her in with my enya and secret garden, but I like Sarah Brightman a lot. She's kind of a pop opera.

Myleene Klass, Loreena McKenna,

There's another one that shows up on my Enya station on Pandora, but I can't remember her name. Orion maybe? Have you ever listened to Pandora.com? That gives quite good variety.

Erin S. said...

Hmm..I've heard of Secret Garden, but haven't actually listened to their music. Same with David Lanz. I have a CD of John Schimidt (really cool stuff!) I also have one Sarah Brightman CD, if you have more I'd love to borrow them. Thanks for the tips!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Jim Brickman is another good new age piano guy.

I found the other one I love. Orla Fallon. Every time her stuff comes on I think, "I love her voice!"

Anonymous said...

A couple of not necessarily new age but music that I find really relaxing nonetheless are Imogen Heap and Feist. I don't own Imogen but I like her sound. I own a lot of Feist. It's all I really ever want to listen to.