Saturday, March 8, 2008
Wireless Internet, Friend or Foe?
So a few nights ago my internet slowed down tremendously and then a little box popped up on my screen and asked me if I wanted to install the XBOX 360 that was attached to my computer. Hmm...we don't have an XBOX so what in the world was going on? Apparently someone tapped into my wireless network connection in order to play online with their XBOX. Good thing we have a home teacher that knows about computers :) (Thanks Celia for letting us borrow Matt for a little bit!) We had to reset the wireless password and that seemed to fix the problem. Hopefullyl that's all for now. It was a little scary because I didn't know what they had access to. I guess they only had access to the internet connection and any shared folders, which were none, so no harm this time but it sure scared me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment