Ok, so this time I didn't kill the yeast. But don't let the picture fool you. Although they looked better this time around, it didn't happen easily!
The dough was not very stiff and didn't really hold it's shape. I ended up putting "blobs" of it into muffin tins and they still blew up all over the oven, resulting in a small fire. When they were done, they tasted good, but the "dough" had the consistancy of cake. Very interesting. All in all here are my suggestions:
Use a different recipe for the dough. Any sweet roll recipe should work. Then instead of doing butter, cinnamon and sugar, mix the following:
6 Tbsp. melted butter
Orange zest from one large orange
1/2 cup sugar
Put this mixture on the dough and then roll up and slice like you would cinnamon rolls. For the icing, make a simple mixture with powdered sugar, orange juice, and a little bit of vanilla. (Sorry, I just kind of mixed that without actually measuring it.)
They did taste good, probably because I noticed the fire right away and took them out until the blobs quit smoking and flaming.
1 comment:
Oh Erin, you are so funny!!! Glad they turned out better this time...despite the fire. :)
Post a Comment