Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Don't use!!!

Palmolive Eco Dishwashing Detergent
This is what it looks like! I thought I'd give it a try and it left permanent white, filmy, nasty residue on lots of our glasses and most, if not all, of our plastic ware. I left a fairly nasty comment on the Colgate website (That's their parent company) They said they were sorry with what happened and said that they were mailing me something.... I waited and waited, hoping it was good...
Yesterday in the mail I got their reply which basically said:

We're sorry it left white stuff on your dishes, just wash them again without any detergent and some vinegar and they will be fine. (If I wanted to wash my dishes twice, use twice as much water and electricity this would be a fabulous idea, totally negating the fact that it was an ECO friendly product!) Also included in the letter was a $4.00 check, (I didn't pay this much to begin with.) and a bunch of $.50 and $.75 coupons to different items.

All in all: At least I didn't lose any money but it won't be finding it's way into my house again.

3 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Lame-O. I still have mine and I agree that it's total junk. Too bad their compensation wasn't better.

Emily said...

Weird. What is the white stuff I wonder-- and how can they keep this product on the shelves as an eco friendly product if you have to use twice as much water?

Erin S. said...

I guess the white stuff was mineral deposits... not sure though! But yes, it totally defeats the idea of an eco friendly product when you're washing dishes two times!