Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cake for me please!

(cake photo here. These are cakes done by a friend, Audrey Ross. They are gorgeous!!!)


Ok, so I FINALLY got all the results for my interior design licensing exam I took way back at the beginning of April! (Yep, it took that long for them to grade and compile the scores from the two day exam!) And...


I PASSED

I am super excited! I can't believe it!

The test I took is described here: NCIDQ (this stands for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification) It's not the easiest thing to pass. The pass rate if you take all three sections at the same time, which I did, is just under 50%. This test is similar to the bar exam for lawyers or the NCARB for architects.

Now, as soon as I get approval from the state of Texas, I can officially call myself an Interior Designer (without getting fined massive amounts of money!)

(Sorry for the large text, I usually think that it's a little much, but hopefully that conveys the sense of "jumping up and down, yelling "yes, yes, yes" because that's exactly what I was doing when I found out!)


Erin






7 comments:

-Laura- said...

Yea Erin!!! That is SO exciting! Congrats!

P.S. If you get the cake you posted a picture of, can I have some?

Erin S. said...

sure! Although we'd probably have to share it with like a gazillion people because it looks so huge!

Emily said...

Congrats Erin!

Ashley Canady said...

Way to go Erin!!

Jeni said...

Yay!!!! How awesome Erin - congrats!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Erin! That is fantastic! I am jumping up and down with you!!
YAY!Yippee!Woohooo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, so awesome! It was good to see you at church today. It feels like it was been forever! :)